Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

Question for Stuart J you helped me with my questions about

question for Stuart J
you helped me with my questions about my GAP claim and their concern and investigation of previous gap claim.
I have been interviewed and I answered their questions.
They want to interview my Ex-wife and they told her that next Monday on video call she needs to answer questions under oath infront of jury , what does it mean? what are trying to do? and does she need to employ a solicitor?
also when we had accident, I employed a claim management company who asked me about details of what we were doing before, during and after accident. I told them that we dropped our daughter and we were going for shopping, they had added my daughter to list of passenger of the car (administrative error) I told them that she was not in the car at time of accident as dropped her off 5min prior to that and I have told the claim management company and my daughter never made a claim, never received examination and never received any money.
Is this going to be a big hassle?
thanks

I haven’t got a clue what it means when they say that she is going to be questioned “in front of a jury”.

I assume they mean a panel of people.

I am assuming that this is an interview by the insurance company.

If it is, then I cannot see why, apart from bullying you they are even saying that it’s going to be under oath.

Ordinarily, a criminal interview would be under caution not under oath.

My personal view is that I would nod politely and do whatever they agree to and if you don’t like the way the interview is going, just draw a line under it and tell them that you are not prepared to continue any further unless they change their attitude, withdraw the question, or whatever.  You are free to walk out at any time.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
thank you verymuch for quick answer, what about the intention to claim form that was submitted by error and never persuaded or withdrawn?
thanks

You will have to refresh my memory about that because I cannot see the previous thread.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
thanks it is in this thread
....also when we had accident, I employed a claim management company who asked me about details of what we were doing before, during and after accident. I told them that we dropped our daughter and we were going for shopping, they had added my daughter to list of passenger of the car (administrative error) I told them that she was not in the car at time of accident as dropped her off 5min prior to that and I have told the claim management company and my daughter never made a claim, never received examination and never received any money.
Is this going to be a big hassle?....
thanks

I remember the Gap insurance question but I cannot remember the minutiae.

All you can do is answer the questions truthfully because let’s face it, that’s actually what happened.

I can tell you now that claims management companies are no Tories for getting it wrong.

You can say that you never ever said that your daughter was in the car, the claims management company assumed that your daughter was in the car, because they didn’t realise that you had already dropped her off.  Just say it completely as it is.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
thank you verymuch, as always very complete reply however I didnt get the meaning of NO TORIES FOR GETTING IT WRONG . I am sorry English is not my native language. :)
also they have requested details of all my past accidents which will all honestly I can not recall
in 2014 I had that accident which we made GAP claim
in 2015 I had a minor accident which I have the details
in 2021 my car was set on fire and they are investigating.
I am not sure about my claims (which they were minor) prior to 2014
Is there anyway I can find the details? or shall I ask them to check Motor Insurance Database for details of any accidents prior to 2014?
please help
thanks

With regard to the past accidents tell them that you simply cannot remember because your memory isn’t that good but if they check the Motor Insurers Bureau database, they will have a list of them.  You are ahead of me with that.

I apologise for my typo.  Voice recognition software.

Claims management companies are notorious for getting it wrong