12826847

Will I have a criminal record if I found guilty of breaking

Will I have a criminal record if I found guilty of breaking lockdown in January?

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

It is a criminal offence although it is non recordable so it wouldn't show on most DBS checks.

it also isn't really an offence that would lead to you being denied anything. Like drunk and disorderly or speeding.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I am overseas student on Tier4 visa, and I was with a friend in his private flat when the police came. The police came and took our details. I travelled beck to my country and came back last week. I found a court notice form as the £200 fines arrived while I was away out of the UK. So, now I do not mind to pay the £200 fines but I am concerned this may affect my current study visa if recorded as on me as crime. So, pls advise me.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
In writing please

Yes, it is a crime Im afraid.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
OK, but how can I inform the police that I was away when the fine arrived to my address, otherwise I would have paid the fine. I want to pay the fine without the court judgement

If you mean that you did not pay the fine and so it led to a magistrates court hearing then you can appeal that to the Crown Court within 21 days of sentence but there isn't really much point because you don't have a defence. It isn't a defence to say that he would have paid the fixed penalty. In fact it is contrary to all the caselaw which says that people abroad should keep tabs on their post in the UK

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have not received a court judgement yet as I need to complete the form by 12 June, so no appeal at this stage. However, I am asking if there is away that the police withdraw their case from the court based on my payment of the fine.

So what have you received?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I just received the magistrate court forms to fill up and return no later that 12 June. The form to choose either guilty or not guilty.

Single Justice Notice Procedure.

So that takes us back to what I said above.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
single justice Notice procedure

It isn't a defence to say that he would have paid the fixed penalty. In fact it is contrary to all the caselaw which says that people abroad should keep tabs on their post in the UK