Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

Trip to Ukraine 18months ago via Lufthansa no baggage upon

Customer Question

Hi! trip to Ukraine 18months ago via Lufthansa no baggage upon arrival Kiev Airport, despite multiple requests Lufthansa have not found baggage and still do not admit liability to enable my travel insurance to be honored! can you advise! Thank you James.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am British Citizen! I provided baggage details at Kiev airport and to my travel insurance co.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: Yes! but he has had very little response from Lufthansa
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I dont think so.
Expert:  Vineet S replied 20 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Meanwhile, please ignore any phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
OK Vineet! I welcome your help to resolve this matter!
Expert:  Vineet S replied 20 days ago.

Hi there,

You have the legal right to claim compensation from the airline if your checked-in luggage is delayed, lost or damaged due to the airline’s fault. You have right to ask for compensation under the consumer rights act 2015.

you can get from the airline is usually limited to money needed for the cost of replacing or repairing lost luggage and contents.

Most airlines follow deadlines to resolve lost luggage issues. Luggage are usually classified as officially lost after 21 days of the report.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 20 days ago.

You have waited way more than that. Ask the airline how they want you to send your claim. If they don’t have a claim form, you’ll probably have to write a letter to the airline’s customer service department.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 20 days ago.

If the airline is ignoring your requests then you can escalate your complaint to CAA using the below weblink-

https://caaportal.icasework.com/servlet/servlets.app;jsessionid=17944675CF559*****************51?type=Complaint&Login=false&db=v0K79J2soHE%3D&RequiresCookies=true&title=none&Login=false&csrfhash=s4zG9bpT4P3SFlD5F0vRSfrSzRPBfAKY8oLIGWmFXyqxsE0oJiAeu5nsUmOaUZAOxOfW_9afIfsJtejw7BGUklQzqKF0HH41cgUaJT-Dv7fQ10gB_sUGHsGbxAXY93h9BAlIcaiwS87GfyuweaiEeVPJCu3Dz4SFs2OTGlqq5m0%3D.rgvLZgyQq3abCy8Ng_pVcQ%3D%3D%7E%21

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Thanks Veneet! James.
Expert:  Vineet S replied 20 days ago.

You are welcome.

thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi Vineet! I am very satisfied with your answer to my question! I have passed the information you gave to my local lawyer, I have no further questions and thank your for your assistance. Regards *****