Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

How can i register an unpaid invoice when a receiver has

Customer Question

how can i register an unpaid invoice when a receiver has been appointed to mange the estate of the people who owe me the money , the estate is not bankrupt it will have cash when the receiver pays the debt back to the bank
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Hi Harrogate , North Yorkshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none yet we have just been informed of what has happened so i need to some how get my invoice registered
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: This does form part of a land promotion agreement i had with the mother now deceased so i am now dealing with the two daughters who are disputing this although i have full documented paperwork .
Expert:  Joshua replied 19 days ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

1. are you able to kindly clarify under what circumstances the receiver has been appointed please? I note from what you say, the estate in question is not bankrupt but the involvement of a receiver suggests some form of insolvency action is taken place. Are you able to provide any further information in this respect?
  2. I also note you refer to an "estate" rather than an individual. Can you confirm who owes you money? For example, a person or a company?
Expert:  Joshua replied 19 days ago.

I'm following up on the above. Without some further information from you as above, I am limited in what I can say on the matter but in the hope it is helpful nonetheless, I will provide you with the following broad answer. If you are able to kindly provide me with the above further information or if you have any further questions generally, I will be delighted to expand on the following - please just reply back to me in this case:

Notwithstanding the above, in general terms during their appointment, the receiver is the legal person to serve any unpaid notice upon. They are not personally liable but rather, they are liable on behalf of the estate to the extent of funds available within the estate. They can be addressed as "[Name], Receiver for [Name of insolvent]."

if you believe the estate is not insolvent on the basis that it is to receive some form of payment from an external party sufficient to enable it to meet its liabilities, then you will have hope that your invoice will be able to be met in due course

I hope the above is of some assistance but if you have any further questions, please revert to me

Expert:  Joshua replied 19 days ago.

I hope the above answers all your questions. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me otherwise thank you very much for visiting JustAnswer and I hope we will see you again in the future.