Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

Jo, I sent a parcel (LCD tv)to Belgium on the 7th of January

Customer Question

Hello Jo, I sent a parcel (LCD tv)to Belgium on the 7th of January 2021 by parcel heroes/ UPs, and after following up for 5 months, today is returned to my door in the Uk, totally broken and repackaged. The tv cost over £ 600 new and fees for sending was about £80.How can I sue for the damege and distressed caused? I am Maurrice from Gosport, Uk.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Gosport in the United Kingdom
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: It is returned today, so I let them know through email that ill sue them for the damage
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: that's all
Expert:  Vineet S replied 13 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Meanwhile, please ignore any phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 13 days ago.

Hi there,

You have statutory rights under the consumer rights act 2015.

The Act states the services provided to consumer must be “of a satisfactory quality”, “fit for purpose” “as described”. delivered within agreed timeframe or reasonable time if no time frame for delivery is agreed.

If the courier company has damaged your parcel, then the courier company has to pay you for your damages.

You need to get back to parcel hero with the proof of damaged delivered goods, and make a formal complaint via their internal complaint procedure.

If they fail to resolve the issue, then you can recover your loss via a small claims court.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 13 days ago.

Make a formal complaint with parcel hero and ask for the refund of the cost of the TV

If they fail to do so, you can proceed with small claims proceedings.

you need to send a letter before claim to ask for full refund, within 14 days

If they refuses to pay, then proceed with online money claim using the below web link-

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** will get to them and come back in case of anything. Thanks
Expert:  Vineet S replied 13 days ago.

You are welcome.

Thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.