Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

I have problems with Builder he Took the payment from me

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have problems with Builder he Took the payment from me £11770
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I am sending bank letter
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: any facility on the phone i have letter
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Preston PR5 4lb
Expert:  Vineet S replied 20 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Meanwhile, please ignore any phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
File attached (245ZM4M)
Expert:  Vineet S replied 20 days ago.

Hi there,

Under the Consumer Rights Act, consumers who enter into a contract for goods and services can expect these to be supplied with reasonable care and skill.

it applies to all traders, including builders, decorators and electricians, including all materials, They should be of satisfactory quality, as described and fit for purpose and in agreed time frame.

If there are problems with the work carried out by the trader, and things failed to resolve amicably ask for the trader or company's complaints procedure.

If you are not satisfied with the company complaint resolution, then you can escalate this to the Consumer Ombudsman. The Consumer Ombudsman deals with complaints about home maintenance and improvement.

You can get in touch with the ombudsman dispute resolution service online by clicking following web link-

https://www.disputeresolutionombudsman.org/which-trusted-traders-partnership/

You can also report such trader to the office of local trading standards, they can impose fines on the such traders and their license can get cancelled as well.

If none of this works, it may be time to seek a resolution through legal action.

You can recover the cost by starting a small claim court proceedings, if the money involved is under £10k

you can start your court claim online using the below link-

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

Expert:  Vineet S replied 20 days ago.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
File attached (4QPPLZL)
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I am sending bank letter
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I am live in Preston PR5 4lb
Expert:  Vineet S replied 20 days ago.

You need to raise it with the trader not, with the Bank.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Please give me free advice this matter
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
What can I do
Expert:  Vineet S replied 20 days ago.

If the trader has taken money and has not given services, then you can ask for full refund back under the consumer rights act 2015.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 20 days ago.

Do you have contact details of the trader?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
He give me website after two weeks website is close
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Bank said you going to solicitor
Expert:  Vineet S replied 20 days ago.

Send them a letter before claim.

Use the below template letter asking the trader to refund the money within 14 days.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 20 days ago.

If the trader refuses to pay, then proceed with online money claim using the below web link-

Expert:  Vineet S replied 20 days ago.

Report this trader to your Local standards office as well, they can issue him fines and cancel his license.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 20 days ago.

Find your local trading standards office using the below weblink-

https://www.gov.uk/find-local-trading-standards-office

Expert:  Vineet S replied 20 days ago.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I don’t know how can do please help me this matter
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
This invoice
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I have
Expert:  Vineet S replied 20 days ago.

If there are problems with the work carried out by the trader or payment issues and things failed to resolve amicably ask for the trader or company's complaints procedure.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 20 days ago.

You need to report him to your local trading standard office.

Send the trader a letter before claim, regarding the dispute, asking him to refund your loss, within 14 days.

Use the above given template letter.

If the trader fails to pay, then start the court proceedings using the above given weblink.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 20 days ago.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.