james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I have been scammed and I sent a lot of money to US and UK,

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have been scammed and I sent a lot of money to US and UK, as well. Do I have any chance to recover my money from bank?
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: Where is what? I live in London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Report to fraud office
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I didn t contact the bank, yet
Expert:  james bruce replied 17 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.

Exactly what has happened to lead you to think you have been scammed out of money?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have been contacted by Twitter by this, ""doctor"from Syria, who asked me to help him departing from war
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I can't afford to pay for a call

Sorry call offers are auto generated from the site, not from me. I am currently unavailable for calls, but more than happy to continue here.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Good
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I sent periodically money, starting November, until March
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
When I realised is something wrong, I stopped
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Then, he started to blackmail me with some of my pictures
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have proves on emails
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
He used media pictures from one very known doctor from US, James Wittig
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
My question is:I have any chance to recover the money?

What were the pictures?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
which ones?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
This is not relevant. Can you answer the question,please?

Very well, I will ignore the blackmail and pictures.

Therefore, with regards ***** ***** the person money, if you did this willingly and your bank account etc were not hacked and funds taken, then you are very unlikely to see your money again. The banks are not responsible for money transfers that a person makes themselves from their own account.

If you have been deceived by the person, the only action you can take is to report a possible fraud to them. They will investigate and if they can trace the person possibly take action against them.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
ok, thank you very much!!

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.