How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 8327
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

I have bought the garage 6 months ago. Stanton offered to

Customer Question

hello, I have bought the garage 6 months ago. Lee Stanton offered to help me for free. He just asked me to paint his old car. I said if I find time I do this. I didn`t this yet, because I`ve got a lot of job and I don`t want to loose my customer. i`ve had bussinnes just 6 months. Today he drove me out of my garage, took the the garage equipments, cars that I bought, even my private van. I paid for the garage, for everything. I can aproof this. He changed the padlocks as well.
JA: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: Please I need help
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I sent just the message to Landlord about this sad situation, because Lee Stanton, who took my garage is his friend. I`ve got lease agreement beetwen me and landlord - Sean Gorman, Lee Stanton signed on behalf of the Landlord. Landlord is busy and this Lee helps him.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 15 days ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Please help with this. Thank you
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 13 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 13 days ago.

Sorry you say you bought the garage then you say you have a lease, so which is it you own it or you lease it?

Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 13 days ago.

And this Lee Stanton is acting on behalf of the landlord?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi, I bought garage with equipment, I've got invoice for this and agreement. I've got lease agreement between me and landlord ol land.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Lee Edward Stanton singed on behalf of the Landlord of land.
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 13 days ago.

Ok I think the easiest and best thing to do is bring a legal claim for the value of the equipment, all the money you paid for the garage and breach of contract which could be say the value of the remaining months on the lease e.g. £1000 a month rent would be say £6000 if 6 months left. You should write to both the landlord and Lee Stanton and say they need to pay in 14 days or you will bring legal action.

You will need to register at so that you are ready to issue the claim in the event they dispute the claim and do not pay you. The website is very user-friendly and you would not need a lawyer to use the money claim site. Claims with a value of under £10,000 are classed as a "small claim", so legal costs are not recoverable and the matter may be dealt with on paper by a Judge, not at a hearing. A hearing may be necessary if the court thinks that oral evidence is required to dispose of the case.

Claims between £10,000 and £25,000 are subject to fixed costs only so if you lose then the risk is minimal. Further, the money claim website allows you to sue for an amount up to £100,000.

You would claim the sum for the loss, the court issue fee (details of fees are here at page 5: and court interest which is 8% calculated on a daily rate from the date of loss to date of court judgment. The site allows you to calculate the interest and add it to the claim.

If you are on a low income or have low savings (or in receipt of benefits), you can ask the court for a fee remission so you do not have to pay the court issue fee.

If you win then once you have the CCJ from the court the defendant has 14 days to pay in full. If they do not then it gets registered with the credit agencies after 30 days. You can also enforce the CCJ with the county court bailiffs or transfer the debt to the High Court for a small additional fee assuming the total amount owed is at least £600 and you can use the high court enforcement officers who have greater powers than county court bailiffs. The transfer fee is added on to the debt and payable by the defendant.

I trust this assists you in understanding your position however, should you have any supplementary inquiries, do not hesitate to ask and I will look to clarify or expand on my previous response.

Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 13 days ago.

I thank you for visiting the website and for the opportunity to assist you with your inquiry. If you have further questions, inquiries or queries let me know post haste and I will attempt to answer them. Otherwise I bid you a good day

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank very much for your help.
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 13 days ago.

No problem, take care.