Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I wonder if you can help my parents, my mum was on universal

Customer Question

I wonder if you can help my parents, my mum was on universal credit and just turned retirement age.
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: Universal credit is cancelled and pension credit pending as she still needs to get response from state pension to proceed with pension credit application. Meanwhile they have no means to pay rent, pay for food or utilities.
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does she live in?
Customer: Uk london
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: well we cannot pay we need advice
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 13 days ago.

Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 11 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

She may be able to get a benefit advance to cover her short term needs, she should phone the Pension Service: 0800(###) ###-####

I trust this assists you in understanding your position however, should you have any supplementary inquiries, do not hesitate to ask and I will look to clarify or expand on my previous response.