How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 19447
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

Id like to claim a refund for cancelled holiday due to

Customer Question

Hello id like to claim a refund for cancelled holiday due to covid19 back in october from Love holidays ltd .what are my options,and further steps please? Thank you very much
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have applied for a refund throigh credit card vompany agaist section75 but unlucky as payment was made through 3rd party
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Also i have contacted atol
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 16 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 16 days ago.

Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

If you need to contact customer services you can do so by calling free on: 0808(###) ###-####or by email: *****@******.***

You may get a request offering you a telephone call. I am more than happy to do this for you but please note that this is a premium service and therefore attracts an additional charge. This charge is not instead of asking an online question but in addition to. You do not have to accept a telephone call and if you do not wish to have it, please do not click on the request for one. Should you do so then you will be charged for the call.

I will try and answer your question promptly, but as this is an online service there can be delays.

Don’t worry you do not have to wait here for an answer and you will get an email when I respond.

Now let me just take a look and your question and I will see if I can provide an answer for you.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 16 days ago.

You need to write a letter, set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court. This is called a pre-action protocol letter of claim. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy. You must give 14 days warning before going to Court.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 16 days ago.

I was just following up to see if there is anything else I can assist you with today? If so, just let me know.

If not, then I am happy to have been able to assist you.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Firstly I have i askedthem to amend my holidays dates as it is in their terms and conditions but they have refused to do so and refused a refund this way they have violated a package holiday contract
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Couls answer my question more in detail please
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 16 days ago.

What else is it you want to know?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
How to make a claim without going to small courts?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
A different option please
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 16 days ago.

You can't - if they refuse to pay - then all you can do is go to Court.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
How much do i need to pay for the court?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
How long it will take to sort out the issue and get a refund please?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 16 days ago.

The Court fees are low and depend on the value of the claim.

The Court fees are here:

It can take 14 days if not contested and 6 months if contested.