J.Ustinovskaya
J.Ustinovskaya,
Experience:  Expert
112772957

My daughter is to complete on 11th June. However the flat

My daughter is to complete on 11th June. However the flat she is buying been given two postcodes and now needs to be changed. The sellers solicitor. says he can submit the change and it will not delay completion. However her own solicitor will not complete until the deeds have been changed. This may take up to 6 weeks and would mean they will incur a stamp duty fee of £8k. Is her solicitor correct.
JA: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?
Customer: Everything had been done, the searches had just completed and this issue was raised. The seller has submitted the deed change paperwork, a min of 10 working days (which would be ok) but a max of 6 weeks would not..
JA: Have they talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: They have talked to there solitors only
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not that I know..
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
We have talked to land registry and they will not confirm a time scale or provide a time of completion...

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Please continue..

Dear Client, thank you for your query. My name is***** am a solicitor and will be assisting you today.

Your daughter, as the buyer, may ask the Land Registry to expedite the process of the post code correction, or, alternatively, you may ask your solicitor to do so. An application for fast track may be considered by the registrar when a delay would:

•          cause problems not related to a land transaction

•          put a property sale at risk

Please explain to the Land Registry that the transaction would be at risk because the delay would cause to your daughter a substantial financial loss of £8000 if the sale is not completed on time and that your daughter does not have sufficient means to cover this potential loss. Would be helpful to attach a bank statement, or a mortgage offer, proving the hardship - that your daughter indeed would not be able to pay this extra money.

Please feel free to ask further questions if you have any.

In addition, here is a link to submit a request to the Land Registry to expedite the process - https://help.landregistry.gov.uk/app/contactus_general . Your daughter also can do this by phone referencing her case number.

J.Ustinovskaya,
Experience: Expert
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Thank you this response it is very helpful.Kind regards
John