How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2710
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
Type Your Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

I let My old Post office credit card expire. I had paid off

Customer Question

I let My old Post office credit card expire. I had paid off the balance. I got a new card and the company had changed to JAJA, the number was different. I cut it up s soon as it arrived because I no longer wanted to use it.
JA: Where is this? And when did the issue begin?
Customer: sorry ill keep going
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: There is a company called Wix who are hosting my website> my friend set it up and put in the wrong email address and I haven't been able to access my account for years. Wix will not verify my account because I haven't got the email they sent the reset to. This problem has been going on for at least 3 years. I used to pay them with my old post office credit card, and couldn't wait for it to expire so the cancel my account. Or at least contact me so we could put things right.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: But what happened next was quite extraordinary. I received a letter from JAJA about a missed payment on my credit card in January. I called them to explain that I have mad no transactions on the card and I had cut it up when it arrived. They could not talk to me about my account because I didn't set up any security details and I didn't know the number on my card. They said they would get a member of their specialist team to contact me. I received another letter in February and another in march. I called them on both occasions and their reply was the same. "We will get a member of the specialist team to call you. They never did. I have had more letters. but I haven't responded because I'm waiting for a member of the specialist team. I had a letter more recently with offering me help with debt, so I called them just now.
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 17 days ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Expert:  AlinaK-admin replied 15 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 13 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JA, I amCustomerone of legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation. I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need a few minutes to read what you shared above, type and respond to you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions as needed until you are satisfied.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 13 days ago.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry.

I am sorry to hear what has been transpiring and would not under any circumstance recommend that you ignore any of the letters or await the specialist team. They may never contact you. And, whilst you are waiting they may in fact proceed to obtain a CCJ against you.

The important step to take is to write to the company's complaints department. They are required to have a specialist team that deals with complaints. It is imperative also to reduce your complaint to writing so that you are able to refer to it in the event you need to escalate your complaint further. If after you have complained about this and you still receive no redress and have exhausted their internal complaints procedure you may escalate your complaint to the financial ombudsman. The financial ombudsman is able to review your complaint and where appropriate recommend that the debt be erased particularly in light of the fact that you have never used this particular card.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.