MrC
MrC, Lawyer
Experience:  LegalX
105439980

We are looking to set up a PoA for a visa agent in Ecuador,

Customer Question

We are looking to set up a PoA for a visa agent in Ecuador, we've been working with to open a bank account for us and carry out further visa application processes. I wanted to know how you cancel this when no longer needed and to limit risk to us. How can one safeguard yourself with granting a PoA to another?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: Live in the UK. The Agent have provided a PoA that must be submitted to the notary and co signed so that must still be done
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: In what respect?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 14 days ago.

Expert:  MrC replied 13 days ago.

Good morning, Will you set up the PoA in the UK or in Ecuador? That is relevant in terms of procedure. Thank you.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi, It will be setup in Ecuador to carry out activities in Ecuador on our behalf
Expert:  MrC replied 12 days ago.

Are you aware of the fact that you cannot get a PoA unless you are physically present in Ecuador to sign the document yourself?

Lastly, you can revoke the PoA at any time, with the reference number of your PoA.

Let me know if you have any further questions, thank you.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
signing the document in the UK, notarise and apostle it wouldn't be a valid PoA? Who provides it with a reference number?
Expert:  MrC replied 11 days ago.

The reference number is ***** by the emitting authority of the PoA. Concerning the procedure of the recognition and enforcement of the PoA in a foreign jurisdiction, I would have to evaluate your specific case prior to providing a definitive answer.
In case of need, I can analyze and evaluate your specific situation, but bear in mind that there would be small legal costs associated with the procedure.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I would need a review that can be legally relied on. Can you provide this? I need someone to review the PoA and advise me on the content, risks and how to manage those risks. What will be your fee?
Expert:  MrC replied 4 days ago.

Good morning. Yes, I can provide a comprehensive legal review of the PoA. I will disclose my business email and we will discuss further details.