INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Florea, my father was self employed and he choose to give me

Customer Question

Hi , my name is ***** ***** my father was self employed and he choose to give me His anual taxes in my account on my name. The bank blocked my account i don t know wich reason, i went at the bank to show them the letters hmrc sent to me but They says i need to call them wich i did and They ask me to send them a picture by email wich i did. Now They called me back asking me about more evidence and ask me to go at the bank. I don t understand what They want and i was wondering if it is legal what They do, They taking the piss of me
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: maidenhead
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: the bank is santander i just told you bellow
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: like what ?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Please can you Tell me if this is legal to Block my account?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I m still Waiting can Someone answer my question?
Expert:  INC Law replied 17 days ago.

Thank you for your query.  I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

If the transactions on your account are not normal, then Yes, the bank is entitled to raise a fraud investigation to ensure that the funds are not proceeds of crime or gained from illegal sources.

You would need to provide the information requested by the bank. Once they are satisfied, they should reinstate your account.

I hope this answers your question.  If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I ve already provided them the letter from hmrc.
Expert:  INC Law replied 17 days ago.

Your next step would be to file a formal complaint with the bank

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No thanks
Expert:  INC Law replied 17 days ago.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.