How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AkuaK Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1751
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
AkuaK is online now

I just obtained my US citizenship. I entered the US with my

This answer was rated:

I just obtained my US citizenship. I entered the US with my British passport and need to leave to go back to the UK as mother is not in good health. The US passports are taking many weeks. Can I leave the US with my UK passport and obtain the US passport from the UK, or at a US embassy in the UK?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I don't think you read the question fully it answers your question
JA: Sorry. Please ask it again.
Customer: Is there a lawyer I may speak with thank you. I am already a British citizen, I just ned to obtain my US passport but cannot wait many weeks for it and need to exit the US and return to the UK
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: I thought that was available on this service?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No nothing else thank you

Good morning, as you are British citizenship and allow dual citizenship there are no restrictions on travelling with your British passport. I advise not to do this on a regular basis.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

AkuaK and other Law Specialists are ready to help you