SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

A person introduced by a friend helped me to move my

Customer Question

A person introduced by a friend helped me to move my pension, over time became friends. I asked him where to invest my cash he recommend and I paid him cheques over a year or longer period. I asked him for certificates never got it of him. After maturity can't get any money back. Most cheques paid to a company which is still active, I don't know what his relationship is with that company
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: West Midlands
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have made attempts for over 12 months, lots of form filling, lots of fees paid, lots of communications, meetings phone emails messages he keeps making excuses still friendly but no returns
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: This has had mentally affected me it's been going on 18/24 months, but I don't want break it with him altogether I am trying to get some money back from him then take legal action
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 16 days ago.

Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 16 days ago.

Good morning, welcome to just answer. I am one of the lawyers with JA and I have read your question. Imam sorry to hear of your situation. I appreciate you do not want to break the friendship however he is being a broker and investing money on your behalf when it is prohibite under the FCA regulations unless he has a licence to do so. Sometimes confronting the situation will be the only option because if he has not given you certificates and no money for a year very likely he hasn't got the money and the investments have not paid off. Ypou must tell him that without straight answers and/or the money you are left woth no option but to report to the Financial Conduct Authority because he is not meant to have offered this financial help without the relevant licence and has exposed you to the risk of losing your lifeitme savings without any hope of recovery.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. All the best.