12826847

World check data base is wrongfully matching my Date of

World check data base is wrongfully matching my Date of Birth and full name with other people wanted for criminal activity
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: emailed them. Gave them 10 days to deal with the wrong matches
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

What would you like to know about this?

Experience: Over 5 years in practice
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I’d like to know how to formally give them notice to remove my personal details and correct their algorithm. So far they ignored my request.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
But you just charged me
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I did not receive any phone call
Customer: replied 20 days ago.

Do you want me to call?

I thought you suggested you didn't?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Excuse me?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I have accepted the offer for Phone Call
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Almost 3 hours ago

Customer

But you just charged me

Seems to me you weren't happy with the costs.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
There no chance of that

What?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Are you treating this matter seriousily? What what?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I have accepted the offer. And paid! I waited to pe called
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I did not get any phone call and now I complaint to Customer Service

Ok, all the best then.

I can see you are displeased so I won't be continuing.

Opting out.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find continuing a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Hello, this is Jim and welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today.
Sorry to hear of the issue. I will set out my written answer shortly.

You have a right to erasure under Article 17 of GDPR - you will need to write to them to formally request your data is erased and ask them to confirm the same within 30 days. Tell them if they refuse or they do not reply to you, you will report them to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) for breach of GDPR (the data protection law).

GDPR protects data subjects and if Word Check refuses to help then they would be held to be in breach of GDPR.

What this means is that the Information Commissioner's Office (the "ICO") can fine companies heavily if they find there has been a breach. The fines are either up to £17m or 4% of company turnover, whichever is greater. As such, assuming Word Check ignore your request I would recommend that you inform the ICO on 0303(###) ###-#### They also have a "live chat" facility on their site - you can visit it here: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/

They will take your details and if they feel there has been a data breach will contact the company and possibly fine them. A lot of companies do not realise the extent of the fines and it is envisaged a lot of businesses will go bust in the event of a breach, not just because of the fines but because the aggrieved party can also claim compensation.

If the ICO tells you there has been a GDPR breach then it makes it much easier to claim compensation (under Article 77 of GDPR) - the amount of which varies and depends on the severity of the breach and the impact it has had upon the aggrieved party. Here is a useful link for the range of damages depending on the nature of the breach : https://www.forbessolicitors.co.uk/personal/data-breach-claims.htm

I hope this helps and answers the question - my goal is to ensure you are happy with the answer and have the information you need. If you have any follow up questions then please let me know. I will reply as soon as I can to help with any further queries.

Many thanks,
Jim

Please let me know if the answer helped or if you need me to cover anything else?. I am happy to clarify the answer or if you have any follow up questions. If so, I’d be grateful if you would let me know. I am free most days, including weekends, so feel free to ask me anything you are unsure of.

Best wishes,

Jim

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Dear *****, Thank you. This is very helpful. That's all I needed. Kindest regards, Adriana

Hi Adriana, thanks and glad to have helped.
Have a good day.
Jim