MarianC
MarianC, Solicitor
Experience:  20 years experience in Wills and Probates and Trusts
109551472

Sister has kept back for her self and brother inlaw(other

Customer Question

Sister has kept back for her self and brother inlaw(other sisters hubby)30k out of mum&dad wills openly admits stating that brother and my self where not tbeir
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: My self chester
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Roughly 50k paid to broth and myself each ask question on the rest stated that for other reasons (falling out with fam)that thay deserve it.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Thats just the out line.
Expert:  MarianC replied 9 days ago.

Good evening, thank you for your question, I am sorry to hear of your situation. If your sister is an executor she has no right to withhold any money from a beneficiary for whatever reason, unless the Will clearly states something such as money owed to be deducted. Tell her you will need to seek legal advice of which she will be responsible for the costs.

Marian

Expert:  MarianC replied 8 days ago.

Good afternoon, do you need further assistance?

Expert:  MarianC replied 7 days ago.

Good afternoon, please contact me again if you have further questions.