SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I applied for the leave to remain back in December 2020. I

I applied for the leave to remain back in December 2020. I need my NI number as a follow up for my application. However, i lost my NI number for years while being homeless and I haven't dealt with taxes for YEARS.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Should I contact HMRC directly or hire someone to represent me?
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I am in London
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have only applied for the EU settlement but I need to send them my NI number which i don t have. I havent done nothing after that, I guess I could register as self employed and so on...but I have no idea what my next step should be

Good morning, welcome to just answer. I am a solicitor and reviewing your question now for you. I shouldn't be long to revert to you.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
thank you

If you know you have had an NI number and you have no access to any of your P45s or P60s from any previous employment then just complete the Form Ca5403 and send it to HMRC on the address on the form. The form is here https://public-online.hmrc.gov.uk/lc/content/xfaforms/profiles/forms.html?contentRoot=repository:///Applications/NICs_iForms/1.0/CA5403&template=CA5403.xdp

It would be quicker to call them on the helpline here, you have to do it yourself you cannot use a representative as you will need to answer some security questions:0300(###) ###-####/p>

Any follow up please do not hesitate to ask and always glad to assist. All the best

Hi I have just been notified of your call acceptance. I am happy to call you back in about 10 mins if you have accepted the fixed call charge.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Sure

Hi thank you for your patience, just running over on a call, should be with you in about 6 mins

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
sure

Hi, thank you for taking the call. Once you have your NI number you can then register for self-employment online on this link https://www.access.service.gov.uk/registration/email

If you get stuck at all at that stage please do not hesitate to come back to me and I will guide you further.