Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I am trying to get in touch with the monumental whom I have

Customer Question

I am trying to get in touch with the monumental mason whom I have paid for my headstone in 2004. The phone number is ***** and my letter has been returned. Can you advise me as to what to do now
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: in Taunton Somerset
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothing. I only got the returned letter yesterday
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not really; I bought and paid for the headstone when my husband and I were working
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 17 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 17 days ago.

Please provide the company name, address and website and any other contact information you  may have

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
the company is called Manning and Knight; address***** Taunton, Somerset TA2 7SE; telephone 01823 275755
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 17 days ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** is your specific query in relation to this please, so that I can best advise?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
we can continue on line if you prefer
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
are you there or is this a con
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 17 days ago.

Hi there. Just to clarify, the pop-up offering you the chance to request a phone call is automatically generated by the site. You are free to request a call and if an expert is available, they will accept it and call you. If no one is free, then your call request will remain open until it is accepted or you decide to cancel it. In the meantime, you have already paid for a written response and that is the part I will continue helping you with as soon as you can tell me what your specific query is in relation to this

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
cancel the phone call
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 17 days ago.

Please contact customer services to cancel the call and request a refund by following the link below:

https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/how-to-request-refund

In the meantime I will wait for you to get back to me with regards ***** ***** additional query

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
my query is what should I do next as they are holding £1000 of my money and I can see no way of contacting them
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
please cancel telephone call
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 16 days ago.

Many thanks for your patience, I am pleased to be able to continue assisting with your query now. Having looked at the company, apart from the address and telephone you already have, I found an email for them at***@******.***

However, their website is no longer operational which suggests that they may no longer be in business. In fact, when you look at their Google reviews, there is one from 4 months ago which states exactly that – that the firm is no longer in business. That does mean your money may also be lost, depending on the reasons for their closure and what has happened to it.

For example, if they had become insolvent it is unlikely you will be able to recover anything. On the ither hand, if they just closed it down and still have money t their name, you could consider pursuing them through the Small Claims Court via https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 16 days ago.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
thank you for your help
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 16 days ago.

You are most welcome. If you have any further questions about this then please do not hesitate to get back to me and I will be glad to help. All the best