Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Miss / Mrs, my wife Pauline has a credit card with NatWest

Hello Miss / Mrs Wilson, my name is ***** ***** wife Pauline has a credit card with NatWest and although she never missed a payment they suddenly decided last year that she should pay off her card within a few weeks or they would block her card ok no problem but now they’re denying her online access to check her balance is this legal?
JA: Where is this? And when did the issue begin?
Customer: It began last year 2020
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We haven’t took any steps up until now when I discovered that I couldn’t login any more so I contacted them by phone this morning to ask about the balance and about the login and they’ve stopped her online access now
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no I don’t think so

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I’ll wait thanks

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

I would not say it is illegal though it is poor service. My recommendation would be to complain to NatWest. If you are not satisfied with the response you receive then you can contact the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) and they can look into the matter for you, they can be contacted here: https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumers/how-to-complain

I trust this assists you in understanding your position however, should you have any supplementary inquiries, do not hesitate to ask and I will look to clarify or expand on my previous response.

I thank you for visiting the website and for the opportunity to assist you with your inquiry. If you have further questions, inquiries or queries let me know post haste and I will attempt to answer them. Otherwise I bid you a good day

Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience: Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney