UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I bought a used car 4 weeks ago from a dealer, the car is

Customer Question

I bought a used car 4 weeks ago from a dealer, the car is faulty and I have an aa report stating this. I contacted the dealer yesterday just within the 30 days and he is not dealing with it.
JA: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: Surrey
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have emailed the dealer, sent the AA report and told him I am entitled to a full refund.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no just need confirmation of my rights please
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 12 days ago.

I am a solicitor.

You have the right to a full refund within 30 days under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and reject the car.

How much did you pay for the vehicle?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
163;7,500
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
what should I now do please?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
ok so unless I spend more that's it no more advice?

You should complain to trading standards and you should send the dealer a letter asking for the refund within 14 days failing which you may file a claim in the small claims court for the money online at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

You should state that you will give up possession of the car when you receive your money.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks so I definitely entitled to a refund as can’t understand his attitude?

Yes, you have the right to reject the car and ask for a refund (no quibbles) within 30 days if it is faulty https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/your-rights-if-something-is-wrong-with-your-car

All the best

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thankyou

You are welcome.