How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Law Your Own Question
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 15909
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Law Question Here...
INC Law is online now

Due to the buildings management company taking 9 weeks to

Customer Question

Due to the buildings management company taking 9 weeks to fix a bad leak in my rented flat, my electricity payments have been put up by my supplier (I was spin drying sopping towels everyday). Do I have the right to claim compensation for myextra electricity usage?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in Chesterfield, Derbyshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Regarding the elctricity none
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: They are apparently going to fix the damage (via insurance) but nothing has been done yet (Now 8 weeks since leak was fixed).
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  INC Law replied 19 days ago.


Thank you for your query. I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

I am of the opinion that you are able to calim for any incidental costs which have accrued as a result of their negligence or lack of action.

I hope this answers your question. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks,

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Thank you
Expert:  INC Law replied 19 days ago.

Its a pleasure.

Good luck!