How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7974
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Could I please ask information about British citizen

This answer was rated:

Hi Pearl, could I please ask information about British citizen application?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: live in the UK, I am Italian, I have nearly completed my application. Just have few questions
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No, thanks


I am a solicitor.

What do you wish to ask today please?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi there,
I have some question about my British citizen application.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
That would be great but £44 is a bit too much. Let's try in chat
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
What is the difference between "Evidence that you have been in the UK lawfully for 3 or 5 years (worker, student, self-employed, etc.) and "Proof of living in the UK for myself for 5 years [...]"?

Do you have a permanent residence or settled status already?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
ah sorry, I said no to the phone call
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have an indefinite leave to remain. I will apply with that

Thank you. In that case you do not need to worry about the evidence/proof of the 5 years lawful residence as the Home Office already has it.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ah ok cool, thanks a lot. I'd have another question, please

Yes, sure.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
One of the documents I need is "Doctor Francesco D'Adamo's (myself) proof of Nationality":
- Passport or EEA national identity card – Ok, I will use my passport
- UK permanent residence card. You must have a permanent residence card before you can apply for citizenship – What is this? I do not have one and I think these are not available anymore.
- Evidence of freedom from immigration time restrictions – Is this the Indefinite Leave to remain?

Yes, that is the indefinite leave to remain document.

All the best

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
sorry how about the permanent resident card?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
you there?

Ignore that, not relevant to you as you have ILR.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
great thanks. Can I ask one more quick question please?

Sure. I am going offline very shortly. Please ask.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Amazing, thank you. So, I cannot remember precisely the move-in move-out dates of properties I lived in the UK, as well as the exact start/end day of employment. Is this a big problem? (I do remember month and year, but not the days)

No problem, just give your estimated dates. If you do not remember the precise dates, simply indicate 1st day of the month.

All the best

UKSolicitorJA and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Cool, thank you very much for your help!