INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Vodafone agents have changed my contract without my

Customer Question

Hi,Vodafone agents have changed my contract without my agreement ( in the attempt to help!)
I have escalated this issue to their highest level.
Is what their agent has done illegal and can i sue them?
Expert:  INC Law replied 16 days ago.

Thank you for your query. I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

A contract cannot be unilaterally changed.  It must have the agreement of the parties to the contract.

I hope this answers your question. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks,

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Not only have they not reinstated the plan but they have totally cancelled / deactivated my number today ( again in the attempt to reinstate the account!!
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I wish I could press ok “ call me” option to discuss this in detail but the wonderful Vodafone have deactivated my account in error.
I have so many emails flying back and forth but solution seems to be far from this planet.
Expert:  INC Law replied 16 days ago.

I would suggest you file a formal complaint to Vodafone and then escalate the complaint to OFCOM

Many thanks,

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I don’t have an active phone until they reactivate my account.
So I guess escalating to ofcom is my next step!
Expert:  INC Law replied 16 days ago.

Yes, that is correct

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I am looking to sue them as I have been moved to a plan without agreement and now deactivated service again without agreement while I have paid my bill duly for 8 years I have been with them.
I believe is unlawful!?
Expert:  INC Law replied 16 days ago.

It does seem untoward