John
John, Solicitor
Experience:  10 years legal experience
106125879

I have received a court citation for 2 speeding offences 2

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have received a court citation for 2 speeding offences 2 days apart. What can I expect to be fined/charged?
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: I have never been in trouble before. Aberdeeen
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: Normally I would but due to covid Im not
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: there were actually 3 offences - 2 on one night. but the other offence was just outside the Aberdeen area so it was dealt with - I got 3 points and £100 fine.
Expert:  John replied 19 days ago.

Hello, how are you? Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Please note there may be delays in responding as I am away helping other customers but I will get back to you as soon as I can.  I may also need to ask you some clarifying questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  John replied 19 days ago.

Thanks for your message, I appreciate it is important to you.

If it is a fixed penalty, it is normally £100 fine and 3 penalty points on your licence for each offence. If you already have 9 points on your licence or if the speed was excessive you will be prosecuted in a Scottish Justice of the Peace Court, where if convicted they can impose fines of up to £1000. If you already have 6 points on your licence and you face a speeding charge in court, you are at risk of losing your licence.

I hope this helps. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help.

Expert:  John replied 19 days ago.

Hello, just following up on this to ensure you're satisfied with what you need to do. Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help. All the best, John

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I have 3 points on my licence but its going to court
Expert:  John replied 19 days ago.

Ok, if you only have 3 points currently, then in that case you’ll get points on your licence. How many depends on the speed and will be determined by the court, but for any speeding offence you won’t get less than 3, and you won’t get more than 6.