How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask NewExpertAS4920 Your Own Question
NewExpertAS4920, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 372
Experience:  Experience in Litigation, Property, Family and Employment Law matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
NewExpertAS4920 is online now

I am looking for some guidance on how to best deal with a

This answer was rated:

I am looking for some guidance on how to best deal with a mediation call booked for 11th June. I am the defendant. Money claim relating to £3500 invoice for redeemed telephone services that I do not feel are valid. Would this be possible to arrange via your litigation experts and how much would this be?

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Hi! I am a qualified solicitor in England and Wales. I will be assisting you with your query today. I may need to ask a few questions before I can address your query.Please bear in mind this is a chat service and there may be delays in responding due to assisting other customers.
I understand the claim is for £3500 for unpaid invoice. Do you have a counterclaim against the Claimant?
Also what telephone services does the invoice relate to?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting me. I didn’t opt to counterclaim on the defence form. I’m guessing now this is a mistake! The telephone service is Gamma communications for broadband and telephone use. There are also errors on calculation of claim amount as I gave notice to leave as of 30th Septembe. the claim includes invoices until December. If you feel I’ve gone about this the wrong way am I able to change my position to counterclaim?
What would you want to counterclaim for?
On the basis of the information provided I think you should do your own calculations and discuss the matter in full at mediation. The purpose of mediation is of course to avoid going to court as well as resolving this matter without it being prolonged. You should set our your position clearly as to why you feel the money is not owed. And if you do your calculations it will be easier for you negotiate a settlement.
Please feel free to ask follow up question and also let me have more details if you think they are relevant
I believe that answers your query. Best wishes
NewExpertAS4920, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 372
Experience: Experience in Litigation, Property, Family and Employment Law matters
NewExpertAS4920 and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you