NewExpertAS4920
NewExpertAS4920, Solicitor
Experience:  Experience in Litigation, Property, Family and Employment Law matters
108371865

I am looking for some guidance on how to best deal with a

I am looking for some guidance on how to best deal with a mediation call booked for 11th June. I am the defendant. Money claim relating to £3500 invoice for redeemed telephone services that I do not feel are valid. Would this be possible to arrange via your litigation experts and how much would this be?

Hi! I am a qualified solicitor in England and Wales. I will be assisting you with your query today. I may need to ask a few questions before I can address your query.Please bear in mind this is a chat service and there may be delays in responding due to assisting other customers.
I understand the claim is for £3500 for unpaid invoice. Do you have a counterclaim against the Claimant?
Also what telephone services does the invoice relate to?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting me. I didn’t opt to counterclaim on the defence form. I’m guessing now this is a mistake! The telephone service is Gamma communications for broadband and telephone use. There are also errors on calculation of claim amount as I gave notice to leave as of 30th Septembe. the claim includes invoices until December. If you feel I’ve gone about this the wrong way am I able to change my position to counterclaim?
What would you want to counterclaim for?
On the basis of the information provided I think you should do your own calculations and discuss the matter in full at mediation. The purpose of mediation is of course to avoid going to court as well as resolving this matter without it being prolonged. You should set our your position clearly as to why you feel the money is not owed. And if you do your calculations it will be easier for you negotiate a settlement.
Please feel free to ask follow up question and also let me have more details if you think they are relevant
I believe that answers your query. Best wishes
NewExpertAS4920, Solicitor
Experience: Experience in Litigation, Property, Family and Employment Law matters