How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4804
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

I need advice as my circumstance has changed. Preston

Customer Question

I need advice as my circumstance has changed.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Preston Lancashire UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have tried calling Citizens advice over and again, I visited the office here in Preston but couldn't get through to speak with anyone. I need help
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I need an advice urgently pls
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  james bruce replied 18 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.

What exactly do you need help with?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I have been a victim of domestic violence.
Can I speak with you pls?
I need advice from Citizens advice
Expert:  james bruce replied 18 days ago.

Sorry call offers are auto generated from the site, not from me. I am currently unavailable for calls, but more than happy to continue here.

Expert:  james bruce replied 18 days ago.

If you have been the victim of domestic violence, there are two ways of dealing with this, the criminal route and the civil route. You can take both routes at the same time.

The criminal route, is very simply to report what has happened to you to the police. Tou can do that by visiting the local police station or calling 101. If you are in imminent danger then call 999.

The police will take a statement, then possible arrest the person concerned.

The civil route, is to apply to the court for a non molestation order. That is a court injunction against the person. You can start and apply for this order online. The court is likely to call you and hole a small hearing by phone,my hen this could be followed up later with a formal hearing or a second hearing by phone where the defendant can either accept or challenge the order.

The link below will show you,how to apply for this order.

Expert:  james bruce replied 18 days ago.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Expert:  james bruce replied 18 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.