james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Why until now I haven't received any response from DVLA I

Why until now I haven't received any response from DVLA I changed my address already for my vehicle?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I'm here now sir in Manchester, I'm from Sudbury Suffolk before
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: My driver's licence ok it's already updated , but my problem because I send my vo5 c or v5 registration of my vehicle to changed the address, but I haven't received my registration here in Manchester
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Yes sir because the newly plc messaged me that I have to pay them for traffic violation

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.
Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.

How  long have you been waiting for the DVLA to change your V5 document?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
sir my problem now the newly just messaged me and they are asking me to pay them because I have a traffic violations and they sent me in my old address, I wonder why they sent in my old address in the since that I changed my address alread

Who has sent you traffic violations.

Unfortunately, without the additional information requested in my first/previous response, I will not be able to give you detailed advice to your question, but I will be able to give you a general answer, which I hope will be of assistance. If you are able to supply the additional information later, please do so and I will then come back to you with a more detailed answer.

The DVLA do have a vast amount of back applications to process. V5 documents are taking 6-8 weeks to sort on average, so can be quicker but also longer. Driving licence are quicker.

Until a V5 is changed by the DVLA, any motor offences, parking violations etc, will be sent to the address that appears on the V5.
This could well include old address until the DVLA updates the information.

If you have a penalty to pay, because a notification went to an old address and because of the delay with DVLA, then ypu should be able to explain that to who issued the penalty.

I hope this helps.
Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.