james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I have fallen victim to a driving license website and would

Customer Question

I have fallen victim to a driving license website and would like to know if there is anything i can do
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Poole dorset
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: I haii have i sent an email to sentve sent an
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The company charged me £94 to renew my driving license.
Expert:  james bruce replied 16 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.

Please explain what has happened so I can see how to best advise?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I use this website https://www.vehicleonlineservices.co.uk/?theme=v5&gclid=Cj0KCQjwnueFBhChARIsAPu3YkTLJqPr2wt2b0IxezdN_ckHlzf5aq03-fiuzT9nNHkvZGHlX1r_CYkaAppkEALw_wcB i think it may be suspicious

Understood, but I will not open the link attached for safety reasons, can you please explain the issue you have.

Unfortunately, without the additional information requested in my first/previous response, I will not be able to give you detailed advice to your question, but I will be able to give you a general answer, which I hope will be of assistance. If you are able to supply the additional information later, please do so and I will then come back to you with a more detailed answer.

To renew a driving licence, you can go directly to the DVLA web site and do this online. There is very little or no charge to do this.

There are also online companies that you can use to help you apply for or to renew a licence. There are private companies and do indeed charge for their services.

They are fully legal and allowed to offer their services.
If a member of the public goes to one of these companies and use their services that is there choice. Unfortunately, if some one goes there by mistake and pays to use the service , that I am afraid to say is their error and they are not entitled to a refund. They would have gone there of their own free will and accord and chose to use the service, it is unfortunate if the person using the service was confused and thought they were at the DVLA

I hope this helps answer your question.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.