SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

My father passed away in December 2019 probate was granted

Customer Question

My father passed away in December 2019 probate was granted in september there is 3 siblings the eldest took it upon himself to do probate there has been lack of communication from him probate was granted in his name only the estate is up for sale and he will not provide information telling us it has been sold or not. Because probate is in his name only will this have an effect on the other 2 siblings what can they do there appears to be no will
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: London borough of barking and dagenham
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: probate and death certificate
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: there was a will but couldn’t be found at the time we did a search because it was drawn up in 1980 there was not electronic copy the solicitor who drew up the will is no longer there
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 12 days ago.

Good evening, welcome to just answer. I am a solicitor and reviewing your question now for you.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No thank you

I am assuming therefore that your brother is dealing with the estate Under the intestacy rules and that your father was not survived by a  wife. Your brother who is the administrator has to account to all your father’s children if requested. If there is real property involved ( eg house) as beneficiary you can register a caveat at the land registry against the title  that way you will know exactly when it’s sold because you will be notified. Any follow up do not hesitate to send your follow up message, always glad to guide you further. All the best