MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

If a friend of mine is sharing private information of mine

Customer Question

hi there, if a friend of mine is sharing private information of mine shared with her in confidence and using it to defame the character of my partner, is there any legal action I can take to get her to stop?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: United Kingdom
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: the girl in question, myself and my partner all worked for the same employer until earlier this week and she is currently claiming against the company. my partner is the general manager of the establishment and we think this may be why she is causing trouble
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 14 days ago.

Hi I am happy to help with your enquiry this evening.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
thank you. is there any legal action i can take to get her to stop?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
would a cease and desist be in order?

Yes that would recommended course of action as a letter that highlights the possibility of pending court proceedings can often be enough to focus the mind.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 10 days ago.

Thank you for your enquiry, please let me know if there us anything else I can help with?

Thanks for your enquiry. Please let me know if I can help with anything else. When you receive and email if you can leave a review it really helps my ratings.