How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JeremyT1020 Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 319
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
JeremyT1020 is online now

Can a father change their minds after signing forms to allow

This answer was rated:

Can a father change their minds after signing forms to allow the child to relocate abroad?
JA: What steps has the father taken? Has he filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No just threading to
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does the father live in?
Customer: the father lives in the uk, so does the child right now. But planning to move next month. He has known about this move for over a year but has only just decided to change his mind.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The father is a convicted criminal, currently on a suspended prison sentence. He also hasn’t had a relationship with his some for some time now.
Good evening and thank you for your question. I'm a solicitor specialising in divorce, separation and children's matters. I'm sorry to hear about this last minute distress so I'd be happy to offer some guidance. The father can change his mind but, ultimately, I suspect it would have little impact given that he has already signed forms. Out of interest, what forms has he signed? I'm guessing there's never been any court proceedings between father and mother? Thanks, J
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you for the response, he signed the Australian 1229 form which we needed in order to get my son his visa to move there, they need both parents to give permission for the move. He signed the forms in March 2020 without an issue but now I’ve told him we have booked our flights he is playing games. I’d like to say I’m surprised but I’m not.
There have been court proceedings but many years ago, he hasn’t had much contact with my son in a few years now just occasional phone calls and a pizza a few weeks ago. My son wants to move and his father knows that. I’m not sure what my next steps should be or even if I am ok to travel with my son now? Thank you.
Good afternoon and thank you for your patience. If he wants to play games, it is up to him to make the next move. The only way he could stop you now you have the signed consent is for him to make an application for a prohibited steps order to prevent you leaving the country.
I suspect that would be doomed to failure given his earlier consent and the fact your son wants to move.
you are still OK to travel.
I hope that answers your question. Please let me know if you need any further clarification. Kind regards, J
JeremyT1020 and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you so much for getting back to me.
That is such a relief to hear, hopefully all of it works out.
Your advice has been extremely helpful. Thank you.