SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

My landlord has given me 4 months Notice to move out. Do the

Hi, my landlord has given me 4 months Notice to move out. Do the Council have a duty to rehouse me if my name is ***** ***** my ex-husbands mortgage?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: She has given me a Sec 21 and a covering letter as to why she wants her house back.
JA: Where is the house located?
Customer: The one I live in is Kingswood, the one I have my name on the mortgage is Speedwell, Bristol.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have registered on HomeChoice, Sourh Glos, I have 2 children and I fled DV in 2011.

Good morning, welcome to just answer. I am a solicitor and reviewing your question now for you. I shouldnt be long to revert to you.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.

If your section 21 notice lapses and the landlord will evict you then yes they do have to rehouse you and if you do not live with your exhusband and have no access or right to the mortgage house that isn't yours then they cannot deny you housing  for being on the mortgage. You will however need to be prepared to answer the questions why you remain on the mortgage if your divorce has finalised and you have no reason to remain on the mortage if you are not paying towards the repayments.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. Always glad to clarify. All the best.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you very much for your comprehensive response. Very much appreciated.

You are very welcome.