Marcinlondon
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
110941711

I believe I've become a victim of identity fraud and wonder

Hi, I believe I've become a victim of identity fraud and wonder if I get help in resolving the matter.
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in Staffordshire but the fraud was committed in the Manchester area.
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: I have contacted the insurers and finance companies involved in this matter to explain that someone has used my details to obtain car insurance. One of these finance companies has now engaged a debt collection agency who I have not yet contacted. I have also contacted the police and reported the matter on the police national fraud database.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Only that the letters were addressed at various times in February 2021 and the person who bought our previous house (this is the address the person used), did not forward the mail to us until April. We left the property in April 2019.

Hello, this isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I will review your question and I will be back with my answer shortly. You will get notified when my answer is ready therefore there is no need to wait online.

Please note that our discussion on this site is for general information purposes only and in no event create a lawyer-client relationship.

I am sorry to hear about it.

You could try the following:

Please contact: Experian's Victim of Fraud support team at https://www.experian.co.uk/consumer/identity/what-to-do-if-victim.html

Report this to Action Fraud: https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

Contact relevant insurer and inform them about it.

This should help.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you, I'll try that.

It was good talking to you. All the best and come back with anything else. I will be happy to help.