How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 5428
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

I am an EU citizen. I arrived to UK 07/09/2020 because my

Customer Question

Good Morning! I am an EU citizen. I arrived to UK 07/09/2020 because my English partner became ill and he needs 24 hours caring. I am only staying here as an unpaid carer as long he needs it. What do I have to do to stay here legally after 30 Jun 2021
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I have not done anything. I am living in Hungary. I am a retired Hungarian citizen.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: Not yet.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I do not thinks so. I have a Hungarian pension, I have a property in Hungary. My partner a British Citizen and has a cancer and he needs 24 hours care.
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 19 days ago.

Good morning, welcome to just answer. I am a solicitor and reviewing your question now to revert to you without delay.

Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 19 days ago.

Because you are an EU citizen and you were here before 31 December 2020 just apply for your pre-settled status on line before 30 June 2021. The process to apply as linked to your British partner past 30 June 2021 is costly and convoluted as you will need to apply as unmarried partner (if you are not marrried) under the normal immigration rules and can only apply from Hungary and not from within the country. Any follow up do not hesitate to send your message. Always glad to guide further. All the best.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Thanks for your help!
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 19 days ago.

You are welcome.