Marcinlondon
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
110941711

My smart meter always says I'm below budget. So I recently

Customer Question

My smart meter always says I'm below budget. So I recently swapped providers and am being charged a final bill of 212.07 and my DD was only 118 per month.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Melton Mowbray LE13 1HQ
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I keep contacting Shell for a paper copy off the bill so I can see a breakdown of the charges but I still have not received one. This has been going on for several weeks now.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I wasn't in a contract with Shell so I was free to change providers without any exit fees being applied
Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 17 days ago.

Hello, this isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I will review your question and I will be back with my answer shortly. You will get notified when my answer is ready therefore there is no need to wait online.

Please note that our discussion on this site is for general information purposes only and in no event create a lawyer-client relationship.

Thank you for your patience and I am sorry to hear about this. It seems to me that you have to make a formal complaint. Send them a letter and state all facts which have happened to date. Let them know that you requested a detailed breakdown and haven’t received it to date.

If they ignore you please consider making a complaint to their regulator Ofgem. You can do it here: Complain about your gas or electricity bill or supplier | Ofgem

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else or have any follow up questions. I am happy to help.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
OK thanks

Pleasure. Keep me updated and come back with anything else. All the best.