Marcinlondon
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
110941711

EBAY LET A CUSTOMER KEEP BUT NOT PAY FOR AN ITEM ON EBAY,

Customer Question

HELLO HELLO EBAY LET A CUSTOMER KEEP BUT NOT PAY FOR AN ITEM ON EBAY
JA: Where is the customer? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: ENGLAND
JA: What steps has the customer taken so far?
Customer: GAVE THE ITEM TO THE CUSTOMER AND GOT THEIR MONEY AND REFUNDED TO THE BUYER
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: MY SON SOLD A CODE FOR £25 BUT EBAY GAVE THE REFUND TO THE BUYER. SO NOW THE BUYER HAS THE CODE AND THE £25 AND EBAY CHARGED MY SON £14 BECAUSE MY SON DISPUTED THE CLAIM.
Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 18 days ago.

Hello, this isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I will review your question and I will be back with my answer shortly. You will get notified when my answer is ready therefore there is no need to wait online.

Please note that our discussion on this site is for general information purposes only and in no event create a lawyer-client relationship.

Thank you for your patience and I am sorry to hear about this.

It seems to me that you have to make a formal complaint to Ebay. Send them a letter and state all facts which have happened to date. Let them know exactly what has happened here with relevant evidence and require them to act i.e. refund the money etc. This should help. You can send them a formal letter and at the same time submit a dispute on the resolution centre here: Resolution Centre - eBay

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else or have any follow up questions. I am happy to help.

I trust this was helpful. Feel free to come back with anything else. In the meantime, many thanks for using our service.