How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SS Legal Advisor Your Own Question
SS Legal Advisor
SS Legal Advisor, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1047
Experience:  Senior Caseworker at DL Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
SS Legal Advisor is online now

I have one year old son, I been arrested and I’m on police

This answer was rated:

I have one year old son, I been arrested and I’m on police bail on accusations of common assault can’t go to my house cos she there she not the Tennessee agreement, what rights do have
JA: Do you have any upcoming court dates on the assault charges?
Customer: No on 17 jun police bail no court yet
JA: Where did the assault occur?
Customer: accusatoon over 6 years she told to police
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Like what please
Hello,I am an experienced legal advisor and I am happy to answer your question.Due to the assault accusations from the child's mother your bail conditions will prevent you contacting her and by virtue of not contacting her you won't be able to contact the child.Once the bail conditions come to an end you can negotiate custody with the mother. If an agreement can't be reached you can apply for child contact to the court.During this time you maintain parental responsibility but the mother is not breaching your rights by not facilitating contact.If you have any follow up questions please ask.Kind regards
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I know i contact her only through 3 party, but she did cheat on me, and she still living in my house now I’m homeless i want to go back to my house but i don’t want to kick my son out
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
This is the reason i left her to stay there cos of son but I’m live in very rough now
Due to the bail conditions you would not be able to remove her right now anyway.You have acted in the best interest of the child which is good.What is it specifically that I can answer for you?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I want to know if can apply for full custody of child, now we have 50-50 responsebility, I’m on the birth certificate and is got my last name, she can still got all the rights to see to have him any time i want to apply for full custody.Cos she have immigration meter to dill with , she don’t have the right to live and Remain in the Uk, she was Illegal all this time, i tust want to prepare my self on behalf of my son
Thank you for your question.There are multiple matters to consider here.As you both have parental responsibility the court would not give one parent more custody than the other unless there were safeguarding concerns. They would likely order split custody as it is now. So it makes more sense to agree custody between yourselves.With regards ***** ***** immigration status. If she is a parent of a British or settled child she will be allowed to apply for a visa on that basis. So that is not a reason to be granted custody.I am happy to further clarify if you have any follow ups.Kind regards
SS Legal Advisor and other Law Specialists are ready to help you