How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MR J Your Own Question
MR J, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 19
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
MR J is online now

I have a property tenanted to a tenant who is a nightmare. I

Customer Question

I have a property tenanted to a tenant who is a nightmare. I want to serve hi notice however the electrical certificate has failed and the tenant won't allow us access again. Would a section 21 stand.
JA: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?
Customer: No. I have tried to arrange work access however this has been denied twice.
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: England
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no,
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  MR J replied 9 days ago.

thank you for contacting JustAnswer. I will aim to assist you with your query. From the 1st of July, landlords or their agents must arrange for regular electrical safety checks (every 5 years) for electrical as well as for gas. so you should ensure that you have all the necessary documentation completed correctly and served in correct times including any deposit scheme aspect.

If you have not complied with deposit scheme documents or other documents previously then you are likely barred from serving section 21(form 6a). It is recommended that you show documents and paperwork to a local solicitor to go over this.

Hope that assists.

Expert:  MR J replied 9 days ago.

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer