james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I own a static caravan on a parkdean site and during

I own a static caravan on a parkdean site and during lockdown my van was damaged, they will not accept responsibility as no one reported it! I have been told to claim on my insurance surely that isn’t legal?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: norfolk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Only been to the office and emailed head office
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no I have photos

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Sorry hear what has happened.

If the park was closed and security was on site to stop people coming on, then clearly it must be that the company site owner must know or even be responsible for the damage.

However, if they are not accepting responsibility, then your only action is to go via your insurance company. They should then settle your claim, and may in turn sue the park if it is shown they were responsible.

If toy can prove that damage has been caused to your van by the company, the n you may actually be able to report that as criminal damage to the police.

Criminal dams is not just intentional damage but also reckless actions that cause damage.

Inform the park of that if you think theey are liable, they may decide to think twice.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.