SS Legal Advisor
SS Legal Advisor, Advocate
Experience:  Senior Caseworker at DL Solicitors
107664070

I have a UK company. I want to buy a company car but to buy

Customer Question

Hello, I have a UK company. I want to buy a company car but to buy and use in Bulgaria (driving on the opposite side of the road).
JA: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: Can I buy and register the car in my name but somehow be a company car. Because I cannot get a Bulgarian insurance if the car is named to a UK company I live in the UK My company is based in the UK but I have some business in Bulgaria and I need a car
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: No I want to buy a new car
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: As described above
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I will try to explain more clearly. Sorry if it was a bit messy.So I have a UK company.
I live in the UK.
But I have some business in Bulgaria and I want to buy a company car here.The problem is if it's under a UK company I cannot get insurance here.If I buy it in the UK and drive to bulgaria, the wheel is on the other side.
So I prefer to buy it here, instead of the UK.Your advice would be welcome.Can I maybe buy and register in my name but fill a document to make it a legal company car?
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 7 days ago.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi, yes, I can wait, no problem. Thankyou
Expert:  SS Legal Advisor replied 7 days ago.
I am an experienced legal advisor and I am happy to answer your question.It is possible for you to register the car in your name but if you want it to be owned by the company you can purchase it with the company and create an agreement that you will be the registered keeper.The agreement does not need to be lengthy.If you have any follow up questions please ask.Kind regards
S
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi, thankyou very much for your reply. The problem is that f mxha the car in the company, it has to be purchase and registered in England. I want the car to be purchase and registered in Bulgaria.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
To buy and register in Bulgaria it needs to be made in my name. But can it be a company car even though it has to be in my name? Or is there another way?What is the procedure for buying a company car in another country?
my suggestion was that the company buys the car but you are the registered owner. The act of buying is simply using company funds. Then have a written agreement between you and the company for you to be a registered owner and keeper.This is the only conceivable way for it to be a company car in a country that doesn't allow the UK company to be the outright owner.Kind regards
S
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I understand now. Thankyou so much for this information.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Much appreciated
Happy to help.Kind regards
S