ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

I am a 58nyr old woman, who had been a partner to someone

Customer Question

I am a 58nyr old woman, who had been a partner to someone for many years. The gentleman was totally sefless and caring. The relationship became distant by my choice at that time approx 18mths ago. Why because I made the kind choice to put us on hold, whilst I pursued getting well from severe anxiety and depression,. A condition I have had for 43yrs following childhood sex abuse and physical, psychological and sexual abuse from a first boyfriend. Im only using this information to allow you a summary of my persona. I am an ex nurse, retited 9yrs ago due to my mental health and have been ill ever since. The reoationship with my partner never ended but covid played an addition part in our distancing.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Approx 5 weeks a go I overdosed and was admitted to the ward opposite to where he worked. After my discharge, he himself had a breakdown and was sectioned. I alerted the appropriate services and drove over to help. There was an ambulance there, a couple of work colleagues who knew me from my past nursing role . The paramedics told me they wouldnt let them in so I endeavoured to mediate. During this time and not to my knowledge at the time an opposing neighbour pulled into the close in a red car and was verbally abusive and threatening. I fear anger. She had heard me say that I was this mans partner and she replied that "no, he has a nice new person now". Well I dont know her. I felt overwhelmed, fearful and embarrased in front of this audiance. I replied "you dont know me". Well she continued to violate me, as so; I want you to move your f**king car,", which I did. and I want you to get off our f**king close and never come back. I felt sick. 2ihave seen you come and go she said. I replied that was unlikely because I hadnt driven for 5yrs due to my illness. I had given it up voluntarily. I started driving in Dec 2020 and had only been 3 times. During those times my partner had given me no idea that our relationship was over. In fact I stayed one night and was intimete. The abusive woman, who I now know as Sharon continued to prevoke me. She shouted all the time. Why wasnt you allowed to drive then, she shouted and like a puppet I just told her why. She totally floored me and humiliated me after recovering from a recent mental health crisis and was still vulnerable in every capacity. She just continued to shout, as those from the hospital had known me in a proffessional way in the past and my whole life was being exposed. She continued to shout and point me out of the road. This is our f**king close. You have no right here she continued so f**k off. Well she doesnt own a road. I know that much. I was so distressed, that I left crying and in a panic mode. Within 24hrs approx I was thrown straight back into a mental health crisis and had to be monitored and supported at home. The outcome for my partner who is now not my partner had found a friend on the internet, so yes that was hard to swallow, but my presence that day was purely to support my partner, (ex or not). We are great friends and we both care for each other deeply. This woman violated me by shouting abuse and demanding questions about things she doesnt even know or have a right to know. I had never met her in my life. My ex was admitted to the local mental health unit eventually and Ive been left very unwell psychiatrically. I am not one to complain. I am usually everyones door mat and help people before myself. In fact I had done that for one of my partners immediate neighbours during one of my visits. What can be done. Where do I stand. This woman should be given a warning if nothing else. She is a spontaneous fire work and a potential danger if you do not perform to her demands. Please help. This is the first time that I have felt calm enough to even make this link. My phone number is ***** and my name. Lesley Street from Loughborough in Leicestershire. LE11 1PS
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Just contacting yourself.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No i give alot of detail anyway.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 14 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JA, I amCustomerone of legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation. I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need a few minutes to read what you shared above, type and respond to you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions as needed until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It's ok. This happened on 7.5. Maybe about 15.oohrs in England. I put all detail in my diary. Unfortunately due to my mental health my mind gets over filled with worrying issues and I can have short term recall with precise detail. I'm not in anyway ignorant or stupid. I practised in nursing for 32yrs before my health took a downward slide.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I did not know I had to pay 44.00 for this advice so if that's the case I will retract from this and seek help from local police.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 14 days ago.

Kindly give me a minute. I am currently reviewing what you have typed in order to provide a written response.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 14 days ago.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry.

The 44.00 prompt was with respect to the call. If you want for us to speak on the phone it is at an additional costs. i will try to assist you here.

I am sorry to hear what has been happening. This persons behaviour is certainly threatening. If her behaviour is such that it causes you to be fearful for your life then you may report it to the police for them to intervene. The police can put in place an injunction which prevents her from contacting you. This I think is the best and most practical option for you.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
She doesnt know me to bother me but she should recieve a warning to engage her with reality and to understand how damaging to others that she can be. Would local police do this.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 14 days ago.

She has to be a personal threat to you. So you would have to show that she has threatened you, whether it be by her actions over the phone.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 14 days ago.

I am stepping away from the system now. If there are any further questions I will respond when next I am online. If there are no further questions, Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again. Have a great day.