SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

I would like to know that canine Can I test the father of my

Customer Question

Hi I would like to know that canine Can I test the father of my child with rapid drug test Before I let him see the child
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No because he is living abroad and he did not see the child from last september Till yesterday he appeared and I saw him using drugs,marijuana when playing with the child on the gsrden
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: England,london ,wembley
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No just this can I legally test him before he see the child and if he refuse to to it so or tested positive can I reject a visit
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 7 days ago.

Hi, I’m Lea and I will be assisting you with your query today.

I am very sorry to hear about your dilemma, but will do my best to provide you with advice and guidance on what to do next. How old is your child? Is the father named on the birth certificate? Is he back permanently? What drugs did you see him use?

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

1. I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.
  2. The site does automated pop ups for calls, if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you.
  3. Customer services no. is:(###) ###-####9374
  4. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if detailed review of documents is required, then this is likely to attract a premium service offer.
  5. Please note this is a Q&A site – there is no client/lawyer relationship involved. You are a customer of Just Answer.
  6. If it is a weekend, or evening/late, please be aware that responses may be slower. This is NOT a chat service, it is email based.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Child is 7 years old and have disability medium level.father is named on birth certificate.He is living in Nl Due to easy access to use marijuana.he is addicted to smoke marijuana and I predict that something else because has very good occupation and never had the money and is problem to pay for child on regular basis. This was the reason to sit up with him and that us way he left because he can't see his addiction.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ther is no way he want to go for therapy and fight the addiction
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
again can I run the fast test before I let hi. See the child in the case of concern about his safety?
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 7 days ago.

You can ask the father if he will obliged by taking a drug test before you let him see the child, but if he refuses you cannot force him to.

If you have safety concerns about the child in his care then you should not be permitting contact in any case to safeguard the child. You can state that you are content for visits to be supported (with a third party present), or alternatively he can apply to the court for a child arrangements order so that the court can investigate the concerns over his drug abuse.

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 7 days ago.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No thank you
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 7 days ago.

You're welcome.

Have a lovely afternoon.