How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2708
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
Type Your Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

We purchased a second hand car last weeked to find that the

Customer Question

we purchased a second hand car last weeked to find that the aircon does not work,there was a cd stuck in the head the paint work is not very good on the drivers side rear door
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: ,Denham
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: we have asked for a full refund but they what to keep £500 pounds for having another keeper on the logbook
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no not at this time thank you
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 14 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JA, I amCustomerone of legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation. I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need a few minutes to read what you shared above, type and respond to you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions as needed until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
We read on CIB that we have the right to be given a full refund in 30 days
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 14 days ago.

Kindly give me a minute. I am currently reading what you have typed in order to provide you with a written response.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 14 days ago.

You do have the right to have your full refund back. With respect to purchases such as these you have a 14 day cooling off period within which you may change your mind and have your money back in full. In addition, if the return is with respect to a defect and you gave notice of this within the 30 days you are entitled to a full refund.  The dealer/seller is not being honest when they say they are entitled to withhold portions of your money.

You should write to them. Ensure you communicate in writing so that you may be able to rely on it as evidence. In your letter highlight your intention to bring legal action for the full amount if it is not returned within a particular time. You may give 7-14 days. This letter should be headed letter before action. If after you have sent the letter they still refuse to pay, you may commence a claim against them. If the amount is below 10,000 the claim can be filed online via money claims online. Please see below link:

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.