How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4481
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

Sorry I need help regarding an injunction against my partner

Customer Question

Sorry I need help regarding an injunction against my partner do I need a solicitor to do this please or able to do this myself
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Is it free or would I have to pay for this
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have filled an N16 form on but need further guidance in what to put on the form
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The person has been physically and emotionally abusive over many years
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 11 days ago.

Hi, I’m Lea and I will be assisting you with your query today.

I am very sorry to hear about your dilemma, but will do my best to provide you with advice and guidance on what to do next. What type of injunction are you trying to obtain?

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

  1. I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.
  2. The site does automated pop ups for calls, if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you.
  3. Customer services no. is:(###) ###-####9374
  4. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if detailed review of documents is required, then this is likely to attract a premium service offer.
  5. Please note this is a Q&A site – there is no client/lawyer relationship involved. You are a customer of Just Answer.
  6. If it is a weekend, or evening/late, please be aware that responses may be slower. This is NOT a chat service, it is email based.
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 11 days ago.

A N16 form may not be the appropriate application for you. If you wish to get an order against an ex partner, the more appropriate order would be a non molestation order, which you can apply for on FL401 - there is no court fee to file this type of application.

You will need to fill in the form and write a detailed witness statement to accompany it - you may wish to seek assistance from, who are a charity who help people to obtain these types of orders.

If you would like me to clarify anything I have written, please do ask.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Is this for UK I'm going through s divorce at present is the N16 not correct
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I want him out of the house whilst the proceedings are being undertaken
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 10 days ago.

Yes, England & Wales.

The NMO form FL401 can be used for an occupation order too.

Customer: replied less than 1 hour ago.
When are you going to call me
Customer: replied less than 1 hour ago.
Customer: replied less than 1 hour ago.
Is the FL401 same as ordinary injunction pkease
Customer: replied less than 1 hour ago.
Ok Thankyou
Customer: replied less than 1 hour ago.
Ok which do I needs to complete and where do I get this form please