SS Legal Advisor
SS Legal Advisor, Advocate
Experience:  Senior Caseworker at DL Solicitors
107664070

Defamation lawsuit

Defamation lawsuit
I am an experienced legal advisor and I am happy to answer your question.How can I help?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Recently, I had bad experiences with one tradesman, David. We have arranged to replace existing old lawn with new lawn, and built raised bed on 29/04/2021. Agreed on the project should complete within 7 days. However, he has been making so many excuses of not coming to work on my garden for last three weeks. I have paid him £1623 out of £2250. He said £1623 need to be paid upfront for materials, so I paid to his personal account.
After money transfer, he only did rotavate the ground, then left for three weeks. These is no single materials show in my garden. He also left 20bags of rubbish by the end of my garden, saw rats. My boy tripped over a few time, because of the stones exposed from rotavated ground.
So, I wrote what I have experienced on the website where I found him for review. I also informed administrator of Myjobquote, I believe they should know my experiences and in case other customer have bad experiences. In the email I send to the administrator of Myjobquote, I state.
1) Discrimination/trade standard. As David did have good reviews on Myjobquote, however why he treat me unfairly. Is this a racial discrimination or simply seeing no potential to my garden, then just left.
2) Liable for health and safety issues. Hazard to my boy. Rats seen by the end of garden with left over black bags.
3) fake company, as I did not find his company name in company house.Now, he want to sue me for defamation and ask me to write a apology letter? Otherwise, he is going to sue me for defamation of character.What should I do?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Please call me. Thank you. Easy to explain.
Thanks for speaking with me.
Best of luck
S