SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

My bank has been negligent for debiting a account an

My bank has been negligent for debiting a account an enormous claim submitted by a fraudulent supplier. The Bank did not exercise proper due diligence before debiting my account.I am seeking compensation for the amount debited and a separate amount for pain and distress. The bank wrote to me about charging interest on the fraudulent debited. What is the procedure?

Hi thank you for requesting my assistance. I am sorry for the delay, I have been offline.

Hi, assuming the negligence is not difficult to prove, you must request their deadlock letter and escalate your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service which would be free. Your relationship with the bank is based in contract and as such pain and distress are not automatic grounds for a compensation claim. If taking the bank to court you could claim for it but you must remain conscious that whether you get anything under that heading will depend on the judge’s sole discretion.

any follow up do not hesitate to send your follow up question. All the best

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have written to my bank to reverse a transaction presented by a supplier can you review the letter for me?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
She is doing the best as she could

Good morning. Yes you may attach the letter and I will have a look.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Please find attached
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Please the attachment Icon does not work. Please can I send it by email?

Hi, I am sorry, I do not have access to email on this platform unfortunately and the only way to send directly to me is under the Premium service and you have to pay additional for that service.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok I want to suscribe to premium service can you help to set it up and I will pay?

I have asked for the offer to be sent. once accepted a link will be created where you will be able to provide me with your contact email and I will write to that address.