james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I WANT TO INQUIRE ABOUT SPA SPECIAL POWER OF ATTORNEY. I'm

Customer Question

I WANT TO INQUIRE ABOUT SPA SPECIAL POWER OF ATTORNEY.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I'm in the UK, but I need it for my Country of origin... Philippines
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I already have a copy of the SPA but I just need a lawyer to notarized it so I can send it back to Philippines and can be use to execute my dealings...
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: That's just my main concern if it's possible for me to get my SPA notarized...
Expert:  james bruce replied 14 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Does the document need notarising or certifying? there is a difference.

In the UK all lawyers are commissioners for oaths and can certify a document.

But Often in overseas countries documents need to be notarised by a public notary.

Unfortunately, without the additional information requested in my first/previous response, I will not be able to give you detailed advice to your question, but I will be able to give you a general answer, which I hope will be of assistance. If you are able to supply the additional information later, please do so and I will then come back to you with a more detailed answer.

If the document can be certified then you can call in at any solicitors office and they should be able to do that for you.

If however, it does require a public notary, then you would need to visit a local one in person to have that notarised.

The link here will help you find a local public notary, https://www.thenotariessociety.org.uk

I hope this helps answer you question.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi Bruce,
Glad to hear your response. I need my document to be notarized. I attached the actual document.
Looking forward to hearing from you.Kind regards,
Joseph Balois

Reading the document, it does look like that it can simply be certified by a solicitor.

So you should be able to visit any local solicitors office for them to witness and certify for you.