ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

I have a warrant for my arrest for missing a court date I

Customer Question

Hi, I have a warrant for my arrest for missing a court date I was not aware off what should I do, thanks
JA: What were you charged with exactly? Do you have any upcoming court dates?
Customer: theft of money, I do not
JA: Where did the theft occur?
Customer: grantham
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no there isn’t
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 19 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JA, I amCustomerone of legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation. I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need a few minutes to read what you shared above, type and respond to you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions as needed until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
No phone call Thankyou
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 19 days ago.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry.

It is usual that if there is a court date and you don't turn up that a warrant will be sent out for your arrest. You may go to the police station that previously arrested you or to the court. Once you go in you will be brought before the judge. You will be asked to give an explanation as to the reason for your absence. You may give the reason as having the dates mixed up etc. If the judge accepts your explanation then your bail will be reinstated.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Could I not just go to the courts themselves as I was never arrested
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Oh sorry I just saw that
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Would you know the kind of sentence for theft of £250 as it wasn’t actually me but I’m going to plead guilty to get it over with
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 19 days ago.

If you were never arrested you may go to the court.

Theft carries a punishment of fine or imprisonment. However if you plead guilty, have no previous convictions and based on the amount it is likely that you will receive a fine.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Only previous convictions I have is when I was 13 which was 12 years ago can they use that against me still?
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 19 days ago.

No that would not go against you.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Brilliant thankyou for your help
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 19 days ago.

You are welcome